Here are the steps I followed during OA & VCM firmware downgrade in order to sync other VCM domain running with same version 3.51 and managed by VCEM.
I would be covering only SUDO steps over here 🙂
- Delete domain ( if any) from VCM module ( used https://vcmdomainip) – (That is very important to delete domain first if we are downgrading the firmware. That is not applicable if we are upgrading the same.)
- Downgrade Active OA firmware ( Check Force downgrade) to 3.56. Once this is downgraded it will update standby OA automatically
- You must have administrative credential before proceeding for VCM downgrade ( as user created during domain creation will be lost).
- Install VCSU 1.7.x ( Version should be greater than 1.5 if we are working with 3.x VCM module firmware upgrade ) – this is UNIX style. However you can use HP DVD method but that looks very convincing and promising to me.
- Run VCSU and enter ‘update’ command following with OA IP and their credential. It may take around 30 minutes to update the same.
- Once done, check OA with their settings like EBAY addressing, Interconnect/Devices bay IP and verified your OA and VCM Modules firmware as v3.56 & v3.51
- Create VC domain like SATYENDRA_A24R1 ( whatever naming standard you guys follow) and follow the wizard ( in last wizard, DO NOT click on network as that would be populated once we add domain to VCEM domain group).
- Once domain is created, discover/add them on VCEM.
- License the domain
- Put the domain in maintenance once license is done and change the SAN PATH Login-redistribution setting from MANUAL to AUTOMATIC .
- Exit the maintenance mode.
- Create the servers profile as per requirement
- Server is ready for deployment.